- Why are all the quotes on pg 39 from famous men? I don't see any feminine representation
- It doesn't sound like the authors on pg 42's "Development" box believe in the growth mindset
- I wonder how much the results of the experiments discussed on 41-42 were due to teachers inferring correct answers vs accelerated development taking place (did the teacher influence the learning or just subconsciously slant the results?).
- I wonder if there's anything wrong with dressing in field gear sometime. It would be fun to bring some out-of doors inside
- Why do most of the examples in this book seem to come from elementary school teachers?
- It can take a lot of effort to maintain a positive outlook and when you get drained it can get harder and harder, potentially drawing out that "shadow persona" who feels pessimistic and spiteful. I wonder what tips the authors would give for refilling this energy store and getting in good habits of mind.
- Who are the intended readers of this book?
Sunday, July 31, 2011
"First Days of School..." Unit B thoughts
Questions/comments that came up during the reading: